Page 1389 of 1399 FirstFirst ... 38988912891339137913871388138913901391 ... LastLast
Results 20,821 to 20,835 of 20985

Thread: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

Liked 3,365 in 1,755 posts

Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

I just popped into town to get my hair cut and buy some new trainers. Came out of the barbers and spotted my wife chatting with one of her friends - someone I have met, but don't know very well at all, I'd walk past her in the street without recognising her if she hadn't been stood with my wife. As I said 'hello' to my wife, my wife ran her hands through my hair and took the mickey about my hair being short. Fine, no drama with that. Her friend then ran *her* hands through my hair. Which was *not* fine.

Yes I know I'm a bit weird, but I *hate* people touching me. I just find it massively over familiar. I've had to stop people doing it before (one of the ladies at work has a habit of touching people on the arm when she's talking to them). It strikes me as being exceptionally rude. And frankly if I ran my hands through a (relatively unknown) ladies' hair I'd expect to be called some kind of creep. Who the fuck thinks it's acceptable to touch people's hair in the street?

Liked 3,148 in 1,907 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by balbas View Post
    I just popped into town to get my hair cut and buy some new trainers. Came out of the barbers and spotted my wife chatting with one of her friends - someone I have met, but don't know very well at all, I'd walk past her in the street without recognising her if she hadn't been stood with my wife. As I said 'hello' to my wife, my wife ran her hands through my hair and took the mickey about my hair being short. Fine, no drama with that. Her friend then ran *her* hands through my hair. Which was *not* fine.

Yes I know I'm a bit weird, but I *hate* people touching me. I just find it massively over familiar. I've had to stop people doing it before (one of the ladies at work has a habit of touching people on the arm when she's talking to them). It strikes me as being exceptionally rude. And frankly if I ran my hands through a (relatively unknown) ladies' hair I'd expect to be called some kind of creep. Who the fuck thinks it's acceptable to touch people's hair in the street?

Liked 1,342 in 946 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Finding a leak in the bottom of my hot water heater on a Friday afternoon. It's a gas heater so I'm not comfortable replacing it. WTactualFuck could it not do this earlier in the week?

Followed by checking my business email account and getting:

The fucking fuck I've got a tax liability. I've paid all of my payroll taxes, estimated income taxes, property taxes, business property taxes, sales taxes, and final annual income taxes in advance every fucking year since I've been open. That would be 19fucking93. Before that all of my personal taxes were paid well before deadlines dating back to 197fucking7. I know the third quarter taxes were paid as my cheques have all cleared the bank. Fucking arseholes.

I can probably straighten this out with a phone call, but this shit is annoying.
    Make sure it's real, scammers are getting better.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 4,187 in 2,404 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by balbas View Post

It's when they start with the Mr Sheen and a polishing cloth that bugs me the most.

I also dislike being touched, I've upset many an in-law and acquaintance by refusing. Their right to hug me trumps my right to left untouched. I'll shake hands if I must.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,489 in 2,335 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mussels View Post
    Make sure it's real, scammers are getting better.
    It probably is real. It came in response to submitting the yearly certificate forms for my x-ray equipment. They won't renew as the state shows I've got some outstanding tax liability. It's probably down to some dickhead in an office somewhere not knowing his dick from his nose and fucking up my paperwork.

Courchevel 1650 (winter). Biarritz (summer)
    Liked 1,493 in 882 posts

Not really BMP but wanted to share and this seemed like a suitable outlet.

Trying to have a discussion with a brain washed vegan.

Vegan- When you see a goat, does it make you feel hungry.

Jody- No, when you see w wheat field, do you feel hungry.

Vegan- Don't be silly, that's not the same thing.

Jody- How come you guys are happy killing plants, but not animals.

Vegan- Plants don't feel pain.

Jody- You don't KNOW that

Vegan- a calf would live for 20 years, but they get killed after 4

Jody- Wheat gets harvested after about 6 months. Is that 'cutting it down in it's prime', ending it's life before nature decides it's time for it to die?

Vegan- We feel the way we do and we say what we say, because we have science and studies to back it up

Jody- Do meat eaters not have any science or studies

Vegan- Yeah, but all their studies are biased and untrue, they are paid for by EG the meat marketing board

Jody- How do you know 'your' studies are true.

Vegan- I know they are, Vegans don't lie, vegans tell the truth.

Jody- Are you seriously trying to tell me that no vegan has ever lied or been wrong, ever. Not one vegan on the whole planet ? Who pays for 'your' studies

Vegan- I don't know, I could look it up

Jody- Ohh OK its just that 45 seconds ago you said meat eaters studies where all false because of who paid for them. You also said you 'know' you can trust vegan studies but you don't know who paid for your studies. If your using 'who paid for it' as an argument against one side, you really need to know who paid for the other sides studies.

Vegan- Fruit and veg is much better for the environment.

Jody- Is it though, is a mango shipped from India or sweet potato shipped from India, is that actually better for the environment than a lamb that grows in the field next door. I think if you took the time to look at the whole process, you'll find your 'study' is biased and missing out essential information

Vegan- No, no , no it's not. All the Vegan studies are 100% true.

Jody- But the meat eaters studies can't be trusted?

Vegan- Yep, that's right.

Jody- OK buddy, no worries

Footnote. I have no issue what so ever with people choosing to be vegan or veggie or whatever the hell they like. But like religion I don't like it when 'believers' try to convince you that you are wrong when they don't have most the information. It was the vegan that started the conversation!

7. The following user liked this post made by Jody:

Really Bored
    Liked 788 in 575 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jody View Post

Vegan- When you see a goat, does it make you feel hungry.

Jody- No, when you see w wheat field, do you feel hungry.

Vegan- Don't be silly, that's not the same thing.

Jody- How come you guys are happy killing plants, but not animals.

Vegan- Plants don't feel pain.

Jody- You don't KNOW that

Vegan- a calf would live for 20 years, but they get killed after 4

Jody- Wheat gets harvested after about 6 months. Is that 'cutting it down in it's prime', ending it's life before nature decides it's time for it to die?

Vegan- We feel the way we do and we say what we say, because we have science and studies to back it up

Jody- Do meat eaters not have any science or studies

Vegan- Yeah, but all their studies are biased and untrue, they are paid for by EG the meat marketing board

Jody- How do you know 'your' studies are true.

Vegan- I know they are, Vegans don't lie, vegans tell the truth.

Jody- Are you seriously trying to tell me that no vegan has ever lied or been wrong, ever. Not one vegan on the whole planet ? Who pays for 'your' studies

Vegan- I don't know, I could look it up

Jody- Ohh OK its just that 45 seconds ago you said meat eaters studies where all false because of who paid for them. You also said you 'know' you can trust vegan studies but you don't know who paid for your studies. If your using 'who paid for it' as an argument against one side, you really need to know who paid for the other sides studies.

Vegan- Fruit and veg is much better for the environment.

Jody- Is it though, is a mango shipped from India or sweet potato shipped from India, is that actually better for the environment than a lamb that grows in the field next door. I think if you took the time to look at the whole process, you'll find your 'study' is biased and missing out essential information

Vegan- No, no , no it's not. All the Vegan studies are 100% true.

Jody- But the meat eaters studies can't be trusted?

Vegan- Yep, that's right.

Jody- OK buddy, no worries

Footnote. I have no issue what so ever with people choosing to be vegan or veggie or whatever the hell they like. But like religion I don't like it when 'believers' try to convince you that you are wrong when they don't have most the information. It was the vegan that started the conversation!

That would annoy me too, and I have been Vegetarian (well, Piscatarian) for 35 years.
    Trees (f'rinstance) may be able to feel "pain", they certainly communicate according to recent studies.
    In fact, up here you can see them shivering when I start the new 60cc Husky....

Liked 618 in 346 posts

It was the vegan that started the conversation!
    Don't they always?

It's like the old joke.

How do you spot a Vegan at a party?

Don't worry, they'll let you know.

10. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Didge:

Liked 6,083 in 3,819 posts
    Blog Entries

Here's a thought. Could a vegan biker be allowed to wear leather protective riding gear?

Should Get Out More

snipped for brevity!
    I believe in evolution. I've evolved as an omnivore. The evidence is in my dentition and my GI tract. I have biology on my side.

Much shorter argument.

13. The following user liked this post made by Bwana:

Should Get Out More

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Here's a thought. Could a vegan biker be allowed to wear leather protective riding gear?
    There's always textile gear. However, if on the track I'd want leathers.

15. The following user liked this post made by Bwana:

Liked 3,314 in 1,676 posts

Most wouldn't. I've talked to a couple who want to do trackdays but won't wear leather, so they don't. They wear textiles on the road.

But then, there are always some who extol the virtues of their beliefs and bend all ears near them - only to do something different when it suits them!!

Like veggies who demand bacon for breakfast on holiday

Well, like an awful lot of humans really

Liked 4,803 in 2,336 posts

Ptretty much a full set of check engine lights flashing after an engine transpalt.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 2,417 in 1,466 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chillitt View Post
    Ptretty much a full set of check engine lights flashing after an engine transpalt.
    I have checked the engine. It's right there on the floor!

19. The following user liked this post made by Mr. Dazzle:

Really Bored
    Liked 788 in 575 posts

But they wouldn't, would they?

Is tarmac vegan?

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission