Page 1395 of 1495 FirstFirst ... 3958951295134513851393139413951396139714051445 ... LastLast
Results 20,911 to 20,925 of 22425

Thread: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,725 in 2,480 posts

Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

Quote Originally Posted by mrlongbeard View Post
    Trying to sell a car.

FFS, it's a 400 quid snottter, if you ask nicely I'll take 300, it's got 6 months ticket and I'm 90% certain it'll pass another.
    Bosh, 300 quid for 18 months motoring, anyone would think I'm trying to sell a feckin McLaren for a million quid with all of the questions I'm getting and tyre kickers talking it down.

This is the very reason I bloody hate buying & selling vehicles and normally avoid it like the black death, if it ain't gone by the weekend I'm taking it to a local common, packing it with fireworks and torching the shittin' thing.
    Sell tickets, you might get more cash for it that way.

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 5,233 in 3,293 posts

Quote Originally Posted by RiceBurner View Post
    What is it? I happen to be looking for something cheap at the moment.
    It's a 1.6 58 plate diesel Fiesta, but I don;t do business with people I know, even if they're weirdos on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Sell tickets, you might get more cash for it that way.
    That means getting permits, clearing all the toxic, and or noxious substances from the car that might harm the bunny rabbits. Bleedin' nanny state I tell ya. n

Liked 1,652 in 966 posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrlongbeard View Post
    It's a 1.6 58 plate diesel Fiesta, but I don;t do business with people I know, even if they're weirdos on the internet

I've never been so complemented in all my life.

4. The following 3 users liked this useful post by RiceBurner:

Liked 1,983 in 1,029 posts

Inconsistent interfaces in similar apps. I've bitched about this before, but here we go again.

Like, for example, in most chat / IM apps, CTRL-ENTER adds a new line to the message (ENTER simply sends the current message).

Except in Skype for Business, where CTRL-ENTER starts a voice call. And in my panic to close an unintentional voice call I have just lost all the text I had been typing.

Lame.

6. The following user liked this post made by Mad Ax:

Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Liked 2,909 in 1,284 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Badger View Post
    Scottish Power customer services (sic). Smart meters installed back in March and still aren't a) registered on the system so I can give meter readings and b) there is no 3G signal in the area for them to connect so I'm sat on estimated billing still. I've made 8 calls to them in 6 months, each one with an apology and a promise to call back within 5 days and escalate the complaint. Not a single phone call. I logged it with https://www.resolver.co.uk/ also and it's now gone to the ombudsman. What a shower of shite.
    SP have been in touch offering 100 goodwill and saying they will escalate it. I can accept this or the case goes to the ombudsman for them to investigate and decide what should happen. I've told them to poke it up their arse.
    Last edited by Derek Badger; 24-10-19 at 12:01.

8. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Derek Badger:

Liked 2,871 in 1,710 posts

Fooking Skype 4 business and their list of million emojis that restrict what you can type for fear of it autoconverting

Courchevel 1650 (winter). Biarritz (summer)
    Liked 1,727 in 1,011 posts

1. Took my van into the garage last week, suspected rusty brake disc.
    Turns out brake disc was in two parts!! as calliper had seized, the other calliper was leaking. SO that's 2 discs, 2 calipers, 2 sets of pads, 2 sets of shoes 500.

This week it went in for service and mot. Front pads 90% worn, discs about f@@ked too. So 2 discs, set of pads, service and MOT 550.

2. My macbook died last Thursday, everything pointed towards the battery, so a new on was ordered friday morning, I paid a premium to have it delivered on Saturday. It turned up on Monday, I fitted it, macbook turns on, but isn't charging. So I reluctantly order a new charger (I have a spare, but not in this country). Yesterday the charger still hadn't arrived. My toothbrush was flat so plugged that in, charger not working!! Ohh hang on. It wasn't the macbook battery OR the charger, it was the bloody 2 EU to UK adaptor !!!

3. I attempted to return the charger, I specifically bought one shipped from UK, but apparently I have to pay the postage back to China!

4. My sony phone also died. I've had issues with it not taking a charge before. Often plugging it into my macbook "kicks it up the arse" and it works again. This time it didn't. Tried everything, but to no avail. On Wednesday I reluctantly spent 200 on a new phone, not the model I wanted as apparently you can't buy decent phones anywhere within a 25mile radius.

4. Having replaced the 2 adaptor the macbook charges and the phone charges.

11. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Jody:

Liked 1,797 in 947 posts

Ear infection in both ears, I must have rubbed my eye as I now have an eye infection as well. Antibiotics and eye cream for the next week.

Liked 1,652 in 966 posts

Quote Originally Posted by rudolph View Post
    Skype for Business *cough* has no one *cough* told you * cough* Skype for Business doesn't exist any more *cough* its all teams now *cough*

Which is a whole new bucket of piss-boiling shite.

Actually, I'd say it doesn't even belong in this thread as it's not quite insignificant.

Liked 1,652 in 966 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
    Ear infection in both ears, I must have rubbed my eye as I now have an eye infection as well. Antibiotics and eye cream for the next week.

Ouch, my condolences.

Liked 1,652 in 966 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jody View Post
    1. Took my van into the garage last week, suspected rusty brake disc.
    Turns out brake disc was in two parts!! as calliper had seized, the other calliper was leaking. SO that's 2 discs, 2 calipers, 2 sets of pads, 2 sets of shoes 500.

This week it went in for service and mot. Front pads 90% worn, discs about f@@ked too. So 2 discs, set of pads, service and MOT 550.

2. My macbook died last Thursday, everything pointed towards the battery, so a new on was ordered friday morning, I paid a premium to have it delivered on Saturday. It turned up on Monday, I fitted it, macbook turns on, but isn't charging. So I reluctantly order a new charger (I have a spare, but not in this country). Yesterday the charger still hadn't arrived. My toothbrush was flat so plugged that in, charger not working!! Ohh hang on. It wasn't the macbook battery OR the charger, it was the bloody 2 EU to UK adaptor !!!

3. I attempted to return the charger, I specifically bought one shipped from UK, but apparently I have to pay the postage back to China!

4. My sony phone also died. I've had issues with it not taking a charge before. Often plugging it into my macbook "kicks it up the arse" and it works again. This time it didn't. Tried everything, but to no avail. On Wednesday I reluctantly spent 200 on a new phone, not the model I wanted as apparently you can't buy decent phones anywhere within a 25mile radius.

4. Having replaced the 2 adaptor the macbook charges and the phone charges.

what about the toothbrush?

Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Liked 2,909 in 1,284 posts

Yes, yes it is... especially if you mange multiple projects for multiple organisations, all of whom wish to use teams as the main contact method.

*spit
    Bleaurgh. Slack FTW.

Liked 2,578 in 1,161 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
    Have you considered taking up pinball?

18. The following 5 users liked this useful post by nidge:

Liked 2,578 in 1,161 posts

You try getting 15 different companies all to buy one product, especially when they get teams bundled in with office365...

#ARRRGGGGHHHHHH
    Our unified communications, enterprise wide solution for 25k employees has resulted in us using Teams, Skype for Business and Zoom all at the same time....

20. The following user liked this post made by nidge:

Liked 4,299 in 2,878 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nidge View Post
    Have you considered taking up pinball?
    Are you saying he should shut up?

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission