Page 1383 of 1399 FirstFirst ... 383883128313331373138113821383138413851393 ... LastLast
Results 20,731 to 20,745 of 20980

Thread: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

Liked 1,363 in 992 posts

Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

Teachers.

Ungratefull selfish teachers.

I have just managed to get a school 4 half decent laptops for free.

I have replaced some PPA machines the teachers use as they were shocking and some teachers have been complaining about them for ages. The school has no money to buy new ones.

I just set them up and installed them and get a teacher come along to me in a huff saying she cannot login to her emails now or get into any programs as she does not know the passwords for them.

I told her this is because they are new machines and i cannot move over saved passwords for every user. She's now in a complete stress saying she needs to do this and that and i have stopped her from doing her work due to her not knowing what HER OWN FUCKING PASSWORDS ARE FOR HER EMAIL AND OTHER EDUCATION WEBSITES.

I mean, this is a fucking teacher. How the fuck does she cope when she has to have a new credit card, or god forbid it, a new phone number!

Some people just can't be pleased.

2. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Greenman:

Liked 658 in 406 posts

Stopping to fill up the bike and finding the pump pissing petrol all over the tank even before I started to pull the trigger. It wasn't coming out of the normal hole, but further up the nozzle.

Even more piss boiling was that, when I moved to a pump that worked properly, I promptly pissed petrol over the tank due to my own cack-handedness.

4. The following 3 users liked this useful post by McNab:

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,481 in 2,331 posts

Not really insignificant, but the fact that any dumbfuck can obtain a license to drive.

I entered a divided 6 lane highway on my way home from a continuing education course yesterday evening. The speed limit is 65mph, most everyone was doing the limit or a little over, depending upon the lane they were in. Not long after I'd got on the highway I moved into the center lane on my way to the inside lane so I could make some time getting around the slower traffic. A quick glance in the rear view mirror for a clearing in the next lane followed by looking back just in time to note cars in front of me swerving abruptly out of the center lane as some dicknose was now stopped in that lane. They had their indicator on to move to the right, presumably to get to the exit they were about to miss. Like the few cars in front of me, I managed to swerve around them without incident. I was going to call it in but by the time I managed to find a safe spot to pull on to the shoulder I had rounded a bend in the road and could no longer see if they were stopped. Why just getting off at the next exit and looping back to the one you wanted isn't an option for some bellends is beyond me.

Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Liked 2,672 in 1,174 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    Teachers.

Ungratefull selfish teachers.

I have just managed to get a school 4 half decent laptops for free.

I have replaced some PPA machines the teachers use as they were shocking and some teachers have been complaining about them for ages. The school has no money to buy new ones.

I just set them up and installed them and get a teacher come along to me in a huff saying she cannot login to her emails now or get into any programs as she does not know the passwords for them.

I told her this is because they are new machines and i cannot move over saved passwords for every user. She's now in a complete stress saying she needs to do this and that and i have stopped her from doing her work due to her not knowing what HER OWN FUCKING PASSWORDS ARE FOR HER EMAIL AND OTHER EDUCATION WEBSITES.

I mean, this is a fucking teacher. How the fuck does she cope when she has to have a new credit card, or god forbid it, a new phone number!

Some people just can't be pleased.
    Other side of the coin...did you warn anyone that you were replacing machines and they needed to make sure they all knew their passwords before it would happen?

7. The following user liked this post made by Derek Badger:

Liked 4,092 in 2,024 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Not really insignificant, but the fact that any dumbfuck can obtain a license to drive.

I entered a divided 6 lane highway on my way home from a continuing education course yesterday evening. The speed limit is 65mph, most everyone was doing the limit or a little over, depending upon the lane they were in. Not long after I'd got on the highway I moved into the center lane on my way to the inside lane so I could make some time getting around the slower traffic. A quick glance in the rear view mirror for a clearing in the next lane followed by looking back just in time to note cars in front of me swerving abruptly out of the center lane as some dicknose was now stopped in that lane. They had their indicator on to move to the right, presumably to get to the exit they were about to miss. Like the few cars in front of me, I managed to swerve around them without incident. I was going to call it in but by the time I managed to find a safe spot to pull on to the shoulder I had rounded a bend in the road and could no longer see if they were stopped. Why just getting off at the next exit and looping back to the one you wanted isn't an option for some bellends is beyond me.

Maybe they were the world's best driver but was just having a heart attack or something. You don't know, do you.

Let's hope the dumbfuck survives.

Liked 1,340 in 944 posts

Companies that give me a service I didn't want without asking or telling me, then putting that service on auto renew to come out using the same payment details I use for services I did ask for.
    Yes I'm looking at you domain registration companies with your legally questionable big scam.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,481 in 2,331 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yambo View Post
    Maybe they were the world's best driver but was just having a heart attack or something. You don't know, do you.

Let's hope the dumbfuck survives.
    As I went by I glanced over to see if anyone was inside. Passenger and driver sitting inside looking at each other. No one was slumped over. If they had their flashers on due to a mechanical breakdown* I could almost have sympathy for them, but it was definitely a turn signal. Perhaps it was on when they bought the van.

*if so, they should've made an effort to get to the shoulder before they were stopped - which might not have been possible given the traffic.

Liked 1,363 in 992 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Badger View Post
    Other side of the coin...did you warn anyone that you were replacing machines and they needed to make sure they all knew their passwords before it would happen?
    No. It was planned with the head.

I don't have time to go around and speak to every teacher in a school with over 700 kids about every change that is going to happen in school?

It's SLT's job to make their teachers aware of change, but no-one ever does, in any school i attend, especially when it involves I.T.

Liked 658 in 406 posts

Figs

Eating the last biscuit with the Daily Mail reader.
    Liked 4,688 in 2,332 posts

Quote Originally Posted by McNab View Post
    Figs
    Fuck off.

Got two really ripe ones in the fridge, which will be served with parma ham, bit of moz cheese, rocket salad and a dressing yet to be determined.

Fahking 'andsome.

Liked 10,126 in 5,281 posts

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    Fuck off.

Got two really ripe ones in the fridge, which will be served with parma ham, bit of moz cheese, rocket salad and a dressing yet to be determined.

Fahking 'andsome.
    I'd go with baked goats cheese and balsamic for the dressing.

Liked 658 in 406 posts

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    Fuck off.

Fahking 'andsome.
    I've managed to get this far in life never having eaten a fig. So when they appeared in the fruit basket in the office I thought I'd try one. Turns out they are tasteless, dry and full of billions of tiny seeds. The overwhelming feeling I got from it was that it was like trying to eat wood chippings.

I gave it a go, despite the wasp thing, but it's the first and last for me.

Liked 10,126 in 5,281 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    3 the phone provider are boiling my piss right now. My daughter had her phone stolen in Tangier yesterday. I suspended the service and followed their instructions to call back today to blacklist the handset and order a new sim. 28 minutes hanging on the bastard line only to be told they're having technical issues and can I cal back after 2 o'clock this afternoon. I need the SIM ordering now! My daughter will be home in a few days and likely she will have no phone! Have they really no idea what its like to be around a phone less millennial FFS!!
    My piss had stopped boiling. Turns out a guy found my daughters phone and saw her Instagram notifications popping up on the locked screen. Found her on insta and messaged her saying he was leaving in a couple of hours time but would hand it into the reception at his hotel. My daughter is home by now but rings his hotel in Tangiers who are quite rude saying is she wan't staying there they couldn't reveal any information. She gets the room details of the guy who handed her phone in, but still The hotel wont play ball saying there is no phone here. Daughter gets in contact with their head office and relays the tale. They contact area manager for the two Hotels they have there, and he promises to conduct an investigation but doesn't call back when he's suppose to. Daughter contacts Hotels HQ again and say clearly their staff are stealing from the lost property and she wants her phone found and returned asap and the adds the threat of hitting social media with the story and even telling the Daily Mail! Phone is found and the blame put on a miscommunication between the concierge and desk staff and being sent to her FOC!

My piss is starting to boil though as i got her a iPhone 7 plus off of eBay which she will no longer want or need!

tldr, Daughter 1 Dad 0.

Liked 2,701 in 1,614 posts

Quote Originally Posted by McNab View Post
    I've managed to get this far in life never having eaten a fig. So when they appeared in the fruit basket in the office I thought I'd try one. Turns out they are tasteless, dry and full of billions of tiny seeds. The overwhelming feeling I got from it was that it was like trying to eat wood chippings.
    Some of them are - the cheap ones. Others are fecking lovely.

18. The following user liked this post made by DefTrap:

Liked 1,945 in 1,008 posts

An unfortunate sequence of events. Such as these things are.

Insignificant, definitely, and not really a biss-boiler so much as worrying about my parents sitting clueless on the roadside wondering where the hell I am for 45 minutes.

Some backstory.

The wife has started a new job in Bristol, 2 days a week. Normally I would take the child to nursery on Tuesday and the wife will take her to the parents in Bristol on a Wednesday. This week my parents had a funeral on Wednesday, so the weeks have been swapped.

Normally the wife would do the childcare drop-off in Bristol. Today the car was in the garage, so I've had to take the child into Bath in the van.

Normally my usual early-morning IBS trots clears up in time for me to get out the door at 7:15. Today I was half-way out the door when I was called back in for extra time.

So, it was 7:20 when I opened the garage door, just in time to hear the tone of the bin lorry starting the slow reverse up the dead-end access lane, at the top of which my van is parked, completely blocking me in. It was 7:40 before I even pulled away.

Normally I miss the worst of the traffic at Farleigh Hungerford because I'm heading that way around 7:25, not 7:50.

Normally I miss the worst of the traffic at Limpley Stoke because I get there around 7:30, not 8:10.

Normally I arrive at the only free roadside parking at around 7:50 and can drive straight in to a space and don't have to parallel park on a very busy steep hill that the construction lorries have had to work hard to keep their momentum on.

Normally it's not 8:35 when I arrive in Bath, which is especially annoying when the parents have been parked on the roadside for 45 minutes wondering whether I'm going to turn up or not.

Normally the 20 minute walk down the hill to central Bath is fairly simple and doesn't involve walking past the primary school at 8:45 when the pavements are so full of sprogs that I have to walk into the road to get round them.

So this is a little bit like a Swiss Cheese model, I suppose. A series of unfortunate changes to the regular plan that began with me saying "right then child, let's go" at 7:10am and arriving at my destination only 11 miles away a full two hours later.

How terribly lame.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission