Page 1148 of 1148 FirstFirst ... 148648104810981138114611471148
Results 17,206 to 17,208 of 17208

Thread: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

Should Get Out More
    Liked 2,890 in 1,924 posts

Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

Quote Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
    A friend has just come back from the US, he was doing a job that couldn't be filled by an American. His work visa was being issued on a six monthly basis (it was originally a couple of years) and he reckoned the constant paperwork and immigration interviews weren't worth it. He knows quite a few others in a similar situation who have left the country, either to go back where they came from or to Canada. He says Canada is doing quite well with the movement of highly skilled workers out of the US.
    SL is only after a low skilled position mowing my lawn.

Should Get Out More

Quote Originally Posted by LondonDRZ View Post
    Bad telephone scams. "Your router is down and this is BT and we want to fix it or it will go down for 2 days". My response "Superb, I dont have to work then". She hung up and then rang back 30 seconds later not realising she had called the same number. She hung up again after I asked her for her number which she couldnt give and my caller ID had a number with way too many digits. Still, it breaks the monotony of my job atm.
    I've been getting a shitload of calls about my student loan. Currently I don't have a student loan. I had one about 30 years ago and paid it all back promptly. But they want to help me - possibly even have the entire thing forgiven. I haven't answered the phone yet, it just goes to voicemail which gets converted to a text message. I subsequently block the number. They call back from a different number. I block, repeat daily. I suppose I will have to resort to what I did a year or two back - answer the fucking phone, act extremely interested, and then ask if I will be able to get a refund on the loan I paid off 29 fucking years ago. They were rude and just hung up on me the last time I did that.

Should Get Out More

Quote Originally Posted by saga_lout View Post
    Maybe you should build a wall or something.
    One of my public servants is looking into that for me. I've asked for something in mauve.

Go Back to Forum My Forum