Page 1394 of 1420 FirstFirst ... 394894129413441384139213931394139513961404 ... LastLast
Results 20,896 to 20,910 of 21286

Thread: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 4,917 in 3,081 posts

Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

Quote Originally Posted by Noggin View Post

Posted here cos it BMP Posted there cos I know a few photographers, so some peeps 'might' have some help!! LOL
    Telescoping mono pod ftw

Liked 3,416 in 1,737 posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrlongbeard View Post
    Telescoping mono pod ftw
    Yeah. I'm reluctant cos I've never used anything to support the camera and try to keep what I carry in the winter to a minimum. But going to have to give this a go. I realised today that this is the reason I've not really used the camera. Because before it was difficult and a bit painful to use and now its awkward and a little uncomfortable. So if a mono pod thingie is easy to manage (I'm kack handed at the best of times!!) then it's worth it

Should Get Out More Cousin Jack's Avatar
    Liked 3,021 in 2,052 posts

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    Reading how the great and good are telling us to be more environmentally aware, having just jetted in on a private jet and then helicoptered up to a remote glacier for a photo shoot....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50068645

The great and the good (all of them, not just these two) are very very good at telling us plebs that we are flying/driving/eating too much. They however always have an excuse.
    Last edited by Cousin Jack; 16-10-19 at 19:11.

Liked 1,356 in 954 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    eBike, or Brightside as thy are now known, amended it for free, well sort of. I had to add the new scoot to the policy so the lady said she include the change as part of the amendment. Cant believe I didn't notice it as I always check my documents and I've basically riding uninsured since May!
    Not sure if I missed this but how did you manage to get road tax for it? I thought you had to be on the insurance database now.

Eating the last biscuit with the Daily Mail reader.
    Liked 4,835 in 2,403 posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    What were the drinks?
    Ah, now I was quite pished, so you'll have to forgive me, but there were a couple of cocktails for the ladies and me and my mate had a G&T each.

I went to dab my card on the reader and the barman just looked at me with a knowing smile.

We were in Quaglinos's, by the way, so was always going to be trumpy.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 4,274 in 2,460 posts
    Blog Entries

Cocktails are never cheap. IME a Death in the Afternoon is rarely less than a tenner.

Liked 6,317 in 3,946 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
    STFU. I bought a round of four drinks in the West End to other Saturday. £52 to you, squire. Eye-watering does not even come close to describing it....
    I remember sir having a great attack when you bought a round here in my local bar.

6 drinks were 8€

Liked 10,540 in 5,511 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    I remember sir having a great attack when you bought a round here in my local bar.

6 drinks were 8€
    Each? That is quite dear for Spain?

Liked 2,756 in 1,492 posts
    Blog Entries

People who get arsey when I put my stick on their foot!

i has one today, it seems that now I use a stick I am invisible to a certain type of quim,well the news he discovered was that he really was invisible to me, and I put my stick square on his foot and leaned on it!

i nearly fell over when he pulled it away... squealing like a stuck pig!!

It seems that suddenly I WAS visible, and that he was going to say rude words at me! I simply informed him that he could fornicate off, or discover the joys of anal penetration by a walking aid! This was at the hospital and I was in the middle of a less than fun day, which somehow made it worse.
    he decided that he would take my advice and left, which was lucky, as I couldn’t punch my way out of a wet paper bag anymore, but I still feel like I could!

peripheral vision is really cool, I do hope mine returns,as I am a total liability when out and about!

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,564 in 2,378 posts

Quote Originally Posted by adamski View Post
    People who get arsey when I put my stick on their foot!

i has one today, it seems that now I use a stick I am invisible to a certain type of quim,well the news he discovered was that he really was invisible to me, and I put my stick square on his foot and leaned on it!

i nearly fell over when he pulled it away... squealing like a stuck pig!!

It seems that suddenly I WAS visible, and that he was going to say rude words at me! I simply informed him that he could fornicate off, or discover the joys of anal penetration by a walking aid! This was at the hospital and I was in the middle of a less than fun day, which somehow made it worse.
    he decided that he would take my advice and left, which was lucky, as I couldn’t punch my way out of a wet paper bag anymore, but I still feel like I could!

peripheral vision is really cool, I do hope mine returns,as I am a total liability when out and about!
    Fuck!

Perhaps you'll find this amusing. it occured back when I had the health scare shit hit the fan - and before I sought medical attention. For the build up to the day in question, I had passed out and thought I'd just stood up to fast from being asleep. In reality, multiple TIAs and a mild heart attack had taken me down. Anyway, on to the event that I found rather embarrassing. I'd had just enough intelligence left to ask my wife to drive me to Sam's Club to pick up some items for my office. Which was a good thing because I probably would have killed someone if I'd got behind the wheel. I was waddling around pushing a shopping trolley and trying to look at something on the wall well ahead of me. My peripheral vision was, like yours, a bit fucked up, or it was just my awareness of what was going on almost right in front of me. There was some poor sap standing in the main aisle with his trolley in front of him - he was facing my direction and looking at a book. I tend to walk at a good pace in places like that so I can get the fuck out of them ASAP. I created a nice head on collision with my trolley and scared the living shit out of both of us. Missus Bwana saw it coming but thought I knew the guy and was fucking with him. I was reduced to mumbling an apology. I felt my face turn scarlet red. He never said a word, just stared at me with a big WTF look on his face.

11. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Bwana:

Liked 2,756 in 1,492 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Fuck!

Perhaps you'll find this amusing. it occured back when I had the health scare shit hit the fan - and before I sought medical attention. For the build up to the day in question, I had passed out and thought I'd just stood up to fast from being asleep. In reality, multiple TIAs and a mild heart attack had taken me down. Anyway, on to the event that I found rather embarrassing. I'd had just enough intelligence left to ask my wife to drive me to Sam's Club to pick up some items for my office. Which was a good thing because I probably would have killed someone if I'd got behind the wheel. I was waddling around pushing a shopping trolley and trying to look at something on the wall well ahead of me. My peripheral vision was, like yours, a bit fucked up, or it was just my awareness of what was going on almost right in front of me. There was some poor sap standing in the main aisle with his trolley in front of him - he was facing my direction and looking at a book. I tend to walk at a good pace in places like that so I can get the fuck out of them ASAP. I created a nice head on collision with my trolley and scared the living shit out of both of us. Missus Bwana saw it coming but thought I knew the guy and was fucking with him. I was reduced to mumbling an apology. I felt my face turn scarlet red. He never said a word, just stared at me with a big WTF look on his face.
    brilliant!
    i have also had some communication issues, I am SURE that the required words are coming out...and then I see the look on peoples faces!! It’s utter bollocks! Sometimes just the od word, sometimes whole sentences are made of random words, but in the tone of the required words. My lovely wife just looks at me and asks if I would like to try again, strangers just go very quiet!!
    hence I have virtually stopped going out, and hate talking with people. As I work(ed) in sales, this is somewhat restricting when it comes to employment. I hope this will return with my eyes!

Liked 10,540 in 5,511 posts

Default insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

Canít pick new scoot up and my car wheels wonít be back until tomorrow. I was looking forward to some scoot shenanigans this afternoon and I was supposed to be driving to the restaurant tonight. And to top it all Iíve had to buy two single train tickets today! Grrrrr!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked 4,877 in 2,369 posts

'Finally something good in your in box' email from ebay, no, its a list of 'top sellers' most of which are stuff like 'fashion' Is there a modern version of Lets all go to Tescos where Chillitt buys his best clothes?

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 4,917 in 3,081 posts

Trying to sell a car.

FFS, it's a 400 quid snottter, if you ask nicely I'll take £300, it's got 6 months ticket and I'm 90% certain it'll pass another.
    Bosh, 300 quid for 18 months motoring, anyone would think I'm trying to sell a feckin McLaren for a million quid with all of the questions I'm getting and tyre kickers talking it down.

This is the very reason I bloody hate buying & selling vehicles and normally avoid it like the black death, if it ain't gone by the weekend I'm taking it to a local common, packing it with fireworks and torching the shittin' thing.

16. The following user liked this post made by mrlongbeard:

Liked 1,570 in 913 posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrlongbeard View Post
    Trying to sell a car.

FFS, it's a 400 quid snottter, if you ask nicely I'll take £300, it's got 6 months ticket and I'm 90% certain it'll pass another.
    Bosh, 300 quid for 18 months motoring, anyone would think I'm trying to sell a feckin McLaren for a million quid with all of the questions I'm getting and tyre kickers talking it down.

This is the very reason I bloody hate buying & selling vehicles and normally avoid it like the black death, if it ain't gone by the weekend I'm taking it to a local common, packing it with fireworks and torching the shittin' thing.
    What is it? I happen to be looking for something cheap at the moment.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission