Page 1396 of 1430 FirstFirst ... 396896129613461386139413951396139713981406 ... LastLast
Results 20,926 to 20,940 of 21438

Thread: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

  1. #20926
    Should Get Out More DefTrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Roger Barlow's Tour of Europe
    Posts
    23,927
    Like
    2,986
    Liked 2,785 in 1,662 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by nidge View Post
    Our unified communications, enterprise wide solution for 25k employees has resulted in us using Teams, Skype for Business and Zoom all at the same time....
    We had all those and slack as well . Our HoIT was a proper dithery buffoon.

  2. #20927
    Should Get Out More chillitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gloucestercestershire
    Posts
    13,048
    Like
    3,114
    Liked 4,938 in 2,396 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by nidge View Post
    Have you considered taking up pinball?
    That has to be a fix.

  3. #20928
    Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    28,579
    Like
    2,778
    Liked 2,817 in 1,239 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by rudolph View Post
    You try getting 15 different companies all to buy one product, especially when they get teams bundled in with office365...

    #ARRRGGGGHHHHHH
    Lolz.

    We've just been through our 3rd M&A in the last 6 years. We currently use Slack, Yammer, Teams, Hangouts, Skype, Bluejeans and MeetMe. It's fucking hilarious. Shifted all users from on-premises Exchange/Sharepoint with fat client Office to Google Suite only to move from there to O365 2 years later. We've also moved from Aero Hive to Meraki APs, Cisco ASAs to Fortinet...only to move to Cisco DMVPN and there is already talk about changing the global topology again.

    This is just internal, fuck managing external orgs too. That's a whole new level of cat herding.

  4. The following user liked this post made by Derek Badger:


  5. #20929
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Delmarva Peninsula
    Posts
    16,498
    Like
    3,467
    Liked 3,613 in 2,409 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Shitty cell phone service. I'm trying to talk to someone about lab work on their dog. I'm on a land line, they're on a cell. I ask a question and I get an answer like

    i ha se t bu an da b ............................................

    I'm thinking they must be on the road and moving in and out of range. Nope, called them back, they're home. Their land line is not working now and their cell phone is fucked up. I get that much out of them clearly, then it's partial words again. *sigh*

  6. #20930
    Annoying The Idiots Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    40,599
    Like
    6,714
    Liked 6,399 in 3,989 posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Shitty cell phone service. I'm trying to talk to someone about lab work on their dog. I'm on a land line, they're on a cell. I ask a question and I get an answer like

    i ha se t bu an da b ............................................

    I'm thinking they must be on the road and moving in and out of range. Nope, called them back, they're home. Their land line is not working now and their cell phone is fucked up. I get that much out of them clearly, then it's partial words again. *sigh*
    You need to move to a civilised country. The UK has cars, buses, phones and everything

  7. #20931
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Delmarva Peninsula
    Posts
    16,498
    Like
    3,467
    Liked 3,613 in 2,409 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    You need to move to a civilised country. The UK has cars, buses, phones and everything
    Yet you chose to leave!

  8. The following user liked this post made by Bwana:


  9. #20932
    Annoying The Idiots Yorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lanzarote
    Posts
    40,599
    Like
    6,714
    Liked 6,399 in 3,989 posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Yet you chose to leave!
    We have sun everyday of the year.

    But, it did rain 2 weeks ago. Wasn't supposed to rain till January

  10. #20933
    At Work
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    over Waterley Cross way
    Posts
    1,019
    Like
    40
    Liked 239 in 143 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
    Ear infection in both ears, I must have rubbed my eye as I now have an eye infection as well. Antibiotics and eye cream for the next week.
    Careful... You could go deaf in both eyes.

  11. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Wossname:


  12. #20934
    Should Get Out More
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    7,017
    Like
    35
    Liked 1,503 in 947 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
    Ear infection in both ears, I must have rubbed my eye as I now have an eye infection as well. Antibiotics and eye cream for the next week.
    Perhaps you should get swabs taken from all over your body. Who knows what else you may have touched.

  13. #20935
    Should Get Out More Noggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    French Alps, La Plagne Dahrlink!
    Posts
    11,393
    Like
    16,593
    Liked 3,501 in 1,775 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    My inability to read descriptions properly!!

    Bought a wall light to replace the standard lamp type light I've got!! (It's not a standard lamp, it's an ikea version, but in such a small place it's just in the way! LOL)


    I spent hours looking at wall lights and sorting out the right one


    Arrived today

    Not only is it smaller than I thought, it needs hardwiring in (I need it to plug in!) and doesn't have a 'switch' as I guess it's designed to be used with a wall light switch! LOL


    Hey ho - I have another light I can take the cable (with switch and plug) off. Hope that works!! LOL

  14. The following user liked this post made by Noggin:


  15. #20936
    Should Get Out More ink ink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28,555
    Like
    178
    Liked 4,060 in 2,728 posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Breaker View Post
    Perhaps you should get swabs taken from all over your body. Who knows what else you may have touched.
    The erect penis is always blind, especially if nobody’s going to find out.

  16. #20937
    Should Get Out More Mussels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Not in London
    Posts
    17,829
    Like
    1,432
    Liked 1,363 in 960 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin View Post
    My inability to read descriptions properly!!

    Bought a wall light to replace the standard lamp type light I've got!! (It's not a standard lamp, it's an ikea version, but in such a small place it's just in the way! LOL)


    I spent hours looking at wall lights and sorting out the right one


    Arrived today

    Not only is it smaller than I thought, it needs hardwiring in (I need it to plug in!) and doesn't have a 'switch' as I guess it's designed to be used with a wall light switch! LOL


    Hey ho - I have another light I can take the cable (with switch and plug) off. Hope that works!! LOL
    I've never seen a wall light wired differently. You* could probably easily fit a cable and switch so it plugs in as you want. I suspect a path for the cable would need to be created through the light case or plaster, personally I'd look for a way to wire it into the lighting circuit but that will be more work.
    * Probably a friend who knows how to wire stuff up.

  17. The following user liked this post made by Mussels:


  18. #20938
    Should Get Out More Noggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    French Alps, La Plagne Dahrlink!
    Posts
    11,393
    Like
    16,593
    Liked 3,501 in 1,775 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by Mussels View Post
    I've never seen a wall light wired differently. You* could probably easily fit a cable and switch so it plugs in as you want. I suspect a path for the cable would need to be created through the light case or plaster, personally I'd look for a way to wire it into the lighting circuit but that will be more work.
    * Probably a friend who knows how to wire stuff up.

    This place is kinda weird. I don't have a lighting circuit as such - the lights are the ceiling light just by the front door and a wall strip light over the sink!!

    Oh and a light in the bathroom - now integral in a mirror!


    To channel in a path, I need to create it in concrete, which I'm not going to try and do (I do have the SDS drill with a chisel attachment, I'll need to find that friend tho!!)!!

    Eventually, I'll get someone to do that for any lights I decide on but so far everything has been plugged in, hence the Ikea standard lamp!


    Still working out what I need where. Have a strip of mini LEDs by the bed that plug in, so that could do with being a proper light at some point

    But someone is going to wire in proper sockets for me in November to get rid of the extension leads!! LOL



    Anyway - I achieved this -




    Without electrocuting myself!!

  19. The following user liked this post made by Noggin:


  20. #20939
    Should Get Out More slowsider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    RoI
    Posts
    10,045
    Like
    423
    Liked 2,659 in 1,735 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    You need to plug it in

  21. #20940
    Should Get Out More Noggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    French Alps, La Plagne Dahrlink!
    Posts
    11,393
    Like
    16,593
    Liked 3,501 in 1,775 posts

    Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

    Quote Originally Posted by slowsider View Post
    You need to plug it in

    LOL I have!! I tested it worked before I screwed it to the wall!! LOL

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission