Page 1255 of 1261 FirstFirst ... 25575511551205124512531254125512561257 ... LastLast
Results 18,811 to 18,825 of 18910

Thread: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

Should Get Out More Derek Badger's Avatar
    Liked 2,154 in 965 posts

Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

Quote Originally Posted by moth View Post
    The ATS near here is the same. I think it's part of the customer service training they give their operatives.
    It's just the branch manager. The guys who do the work seem to be okay. Fuck 'em. I rung an independent tyre place up the road and they said: "Pop in mate, we'll do it while you wait".

2. The following user liked this post made by Derek Badger:

Liked 8,189 in 4,289 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    DPD, piss me right off. First I get a email last Wednesday saying they couldn't deliver as access to the premises was unavailable. But its a private house with 2 pensioners whom are in all day, not a business premises. As the house is at the end of a little lane, I assume the driver is a idiot and schedule a redelivery to the local collection point. I then get an email on Thursday saying it'll be delivered between 11:01 and 12:01. I get an email Thursday night saying i the item was not suitable for delivery to the collection point and to click this link for delivery options. This is followed by an email saying its been delivered to the collection point, so I expect to go and get it on Saturday. Friday I get a "lonely parcel" email saying its still awaiting collection. I go to the collection point and they don't have it! So I click the delivery options link and have to reschedule it for delivery to the original address. Apparently it'll be there between 11:01 and 12:01 today. I'll not hold my breqath...

I collected my parcel and opened it. Its not what I was expecting. Its a huge gaming PC case and motherboard from Chillblast, fractal Fusion R6 or summat. So i went back to the delivery point and they did indeed have my parcel. So at least I'm a gaming PC up on the deal!

Liked 4,987 in 3,119 posts
    Blog Entries

I collected my parcel and opened it. Its not what I was expecting. Its a huge gaming PC case and motherboard from Chillblast, fractal Fusion R6 or summat. So i went back to the delivery point and they did indeed have my parcel. So at least I'm a gaming PC up on the deal!
    Some poor kid will be crying on Xmas day now

Liked 4,251 in 2,104 posts

DPD is much better if you use their app. I dont usually hold with such things but its very handy. Partly because the driver will know you have the app so it limits the excuses they might try.

Liked 8,189 in 4,289 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    Some poor kid will be crying on Xmas day now
    Or some geeky, game playing nerd! I've contacted the company and they can sort out collection, but it now means i've got to take it back round the in-laws and its bloody heavy and in a massive sized box!!

Liked 4,987 in 3,119 posts
    Blog Entries

Or some geeky, game playing nerd! I've contacted the company and they can sort out collection, but it now means i've got to take it back round the in-laws and its bloody heavy and in a massive sized box!!
    Ebay

Liked 1,360 in 696 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
    BT Superfast broadband connected earlier. I was getting an around 7mbps on ADSL, it's increased to a whopping 9. It hasn't cost anything, free for 18 months. If it doesn't improve I'll go back to ADSL when the offer is up.
    To update this: a few days later the speed went up to 10mbps, there was a blip last week when it went to 20 for a few minutes, today it's sitting at a steady 24, which is about where it should be.

So if you do go for BT Superfast broadband give it three weeks to sort itself out.

Liked 2,861 in 1,426 posts

Doctors - bastard teeth sucking doctors. When someone is a bit nervous and waiting for the answer to a question. Don't spend five minutes looking at xrays and basically sucking your teeth. The guy should have been a dodgy mechanic!! Oh, and the question I asked (can we scan to see if the ligaments are actually there) was dismissed out of hand as being 'the wrong question'. FFS

Liked 2,806 in 1,684 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Noggin View Post
    Doctors - bastard teeth sucking doctors. When someone is a bit nervous and waiting for the answer to a question. Don't spend five minutes looking at xrays and basically sucking your teeth. The guy should have been a dodgy mechanic!! Oh, and the question I asked (can we scan to see if the ligaments are actually there) was dismissed out of hand as being 'the wrong question'. FFS
    French doctor? Did he prescribe suppositories?

Quote Originally Posted by moth View Post
    French doctor? Did he prescribe suppositories?

No. Physio (maybe?? He's not sure!) and a different doctor to see. I've met some grumpy bastards, even some grumpy bastard doctors. But this one sucked his teeth for so long I thought he was about to tell me my arm was about to drop off!!!

Not Much To Do
    Liked 156 in 86 posts

Trouble is, one like that needs to be told what a twat he is, behaving like that. And you don’t like to because you might need him or his mate tomorrow.

HB, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Wossname View Post
    Trouble is, one like that needs to be told what a twat he is, behaving like that. And you don’t like to because you might need him or his mate tomorrow.

HB, btw.

Thank you

And yes, he does. But he basically talked to my friend who came to translate and who knows and likes him. I'm as P'd off with my friend for not backing me up.

I had two questions. 1 -Can I get a scan to see if the ligaments are in place and whole & 2 - will more physio help

The Doctor dismissed me and then my friend did too.

Soooo - I'm going to Monday's appointment on my own and will hope that the surgeon speaks English - and if not, knows how to use Google translate!! LOL

Liked 2,322 in 1,134 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Noggin View Post
    Thank you

And yes, he does. But he basically talked to my friend who came to translate and who knows and likes him. I'm as P'd off with my friend for not backing me up.

I had two questions. 1 -Can I get a scan to see if the ligaments are in place and whole & 2 - will more physio help

The Doctor dismissed me and then my friend did too.

Soooo - I'm going to Monday's appointment on my own and will hope that the surgeon speaks English - and if not, knows how to use Google translate!! LOL
    Id be very surprised if a surgeon could not understand English.all mine were fluent both consultants were and the health minister speaks perfect English.my gp speaks great English .sounds like you're doctor was a cock.

15. The following user liked this post made by MrTack:

Liked 1,360 in 696 posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrTack View Post
    sounds like your doctor was French
    Corrected for you

17. The following 3 users liked this useful post by Pirahna:

Quote Originally Posted by MrTack View Post
    Id be very surprised if a surgeon could not understand English.all mine were fluent both consultants were and the health minister speaks perfect English.my gp speaks great English .sounds like you're doctor was a cock.
    He did speak English but preferred to talk French to my useless friend. But I'm hoping you are right and that the one in Grenoble will be a little more patient friendly!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
    Corrected for you
    That made me laugh a lot!!!

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission