Page 1144 of 1224 FirstFirst ... 1446441044109411341142114311441145114611541194 ... LastLast
Results 17,146 to 17,160 of 18352

Thread: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

Liked 5,458 in 2,838 posts

Default Re: insignificant things that rile you and boil your piss

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    I'm not certain why it worked but this seemed to help. Waaaay back when I quit for the first or second time I would feel the urge to smoke when having a beer. They just seemed to go together. I started putting a wee bit of salt in my beers - dunno why either. But the urge to have a cig went away.
    Aversion technique.
    Another way is every time you feel like a ciggy then stab yourself in the throat.

2. The following user liked this post made by icarus1859:

Liked 1,616 in 967 posts
    Blog Entries

Not so fucking insignificant...

...the useless fuckers we are buying a house from are yet (after four cunting weeks) to formally instruct their solicitor. Now this could be down to a few things:

1. Lame arse son is still living in the house and they are trying to delay the sale so he can find somewhere else to live - which is fine and fucking dandy on the assumption that they actually told us this
    b. They are just fucking slack and will get around to it in their own bastard sweet time - again, reasonably fine but the house has been on the market since August 17 and the whole deal stinks of divorce (husband lives in Kuwait, wife in Dubai) so you'd think they would want an easy exit
    iii. Their solicitors will only accept written and signed instructions for the sale and insist on posting every fucking piece of paper, first to Kuwait then to Dubai, which is unfucking acceptable in this day and age and would only reinforce my own piss poor opinion of the the cunts at the bottom of the food chain that are conveyancing solicitors

I am preparing to go fucking postal with the estate agent, especially if it is iii as a four week delay puts us an age behind our buyer who at some point (if it were me) would be getting antsy and moaning about having to continue to pay rent after meeting everyone of our requirements.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,056 in 2,045 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Car View Post
    Not so fucking insignificant...

...the useless fuckers we are buying a house from are yet (after four cunting weeks) to formally instruct their solicitor. Now this could be down to a few things:

1. Lame arse son is still living in the house and they are trying to delay the sale so he can find somewhere else to live - which is fine and fucking dandy on the assumption that they actually told us this
    b. They are just fucking slack and will get around to it in their own bastard sweet time - again, reasonably fine but the house has been on the market since August 17 and the whole deal stinks of divorce (husband lives in Kuwait, wife in Dubai) so you'd think they would want an easy exit
    iii. Their solicitors will only accept written and signed instructions for the sale and insist on posting every fucking piece of paper, first to Kuwait then to Dubai, which is unfucking acceptable in this day and age and would only reinforce my own piss poor opinion of the the cunts at the bottom of the food chain that are conveyancing solicitors

I am preparing to go fucking postal with the estate agent, especially if it is iii as a four week delay puts us an age behind our buyer who at some point (if it were me) would be getting antsy and moaning about having to continue to pay rent after meeting everyone of our requirements.

I dunno if it's an acceptable option for you, but I'd be looking for new digs elsewhere and telling them to fuck right off.

5. The following 2 users liked this useful post by Bwana:

Liked 4,035 in 1,998 posts

Getting a piss poor response from the hospital PALS people and having to start from scratch with another complaint listing all the fuck ups broken down by day. This is not conducive to general sense of well being..

Liked 1,645 in 838 posts

Another insurance company rant. Well, no, it's the same old rant as before, just recycled.

Called up to cancel an active policy that costs me 20 per month. I don't have the asset any more, so I don't need the policy.

"Our cancellation fee is usually 30, but because it's a mid-month cancellation it'll be 31.50." WTF is a mid-month cancellation? Should I only cancel on the day my monthly fee comes out to prevent the additional 1.50 fee?

Why 30, anyway? I get that the policy is annual even though it's paid monthly, and that they have to balance the books against the cost of mid-term cancellations, but FFS, it's not like I reserved a seat on a luxury cruise or ordered a custom-built item and then cancelled after work had started - it's insurance, and when I no longer have the asset, I may no longer insure it. It's like a tax on getting rid of things.

Any chance these are going to go the same way as rip-off bank charges..??

Really Bored
    Liked 561 in 406 posts

Chasing the same few sheep and lambs out of the garden at typically 3am, now they have rumbled how to get through the temporary gate.

Liked 1,671 in 1,082 posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidat19 View Post
    Chasing the same few sheep and lambs out of the garden at typically 3am, now they have rumbled how to get through the temporary gate.
    Mint sauce

10. The following user liked this post made by slowsider:

Liked 1,160 in 815 posts

Quote Originally Posted by slowsider View Post
    Mint sauce
    Roast spuds, red wine.

Liked 338 in 166 posts

Hermes, staffed by liars, looks like they may be going bust as they are delaying by any means possible my refund due to a failed delivery and my compensation following the parcel going missing, total of 12.79.
    Now in the process of taking them to county court, which means another 60 on the claim, it they don’t see this as a problem. Hence I assume they are going bust.
    Mick

13. The following user liked this post made by 636mick:

Liked 2,637 in 1,579 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 636mick View Post
    Hermes, staffed by liars, looks like they may be going bust as they are delaying by any means possible my refund due to a failed delivery and my compensation following the parcel going missing, total of 12.79.
    Now in the process of taking them to county court, which means another 60 on the claim, it they don’t see this as a problem. Hence I assume they are going bust.
    Mick
    SOP. They hope you'll drop the claim because it's too much hassle, like the majority of dissatisfied customers do. If they have to pay out on 10% of the claims against them they're still ahead.

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,497 in 2,034 posts
    Blog Entries

The slipperyness of the new plastic notes, and that they don't flatten out like paper ones.

16. The following 2 users liked this useful post by cheb:

Liked 1,817 in 1,121 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moth View Post
    SOP. They hope you'll drop the claim because it's too much hassle, like the majority of dissatisfied customers do. If they have to pay out on 10% of the claims against them they're still ahead.
    Cost of lost customers forever > still ahead.

Liked 1,817 in 1,121 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    The slipperyness of the new plastic notes, and that they don't flatten out like paper ones.
    I used to be able to distinguish between fuel receipts in my pocket and bank notes in my pocket by touch alone. Now I cannot, and have to keep them in separate pockets. Which is probably a good thing.

Liked 3,495 in 2,369 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    I used to be able to distinguish between fuel receipts in my pocket and bank notes in my pocket by touch alone. Now I cannot, and have to keep them in separate pockets. Which is probably a good thing.
    Is that what you were fiddling with?

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,497 in 2,034 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    Cost of lost customers forever > still ahead.
    A customer base who's main criteria is cheeeeeeeaaaaap will kill any business in the long term.

Go Back to Forum My Forum