TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Double entry at Leigh.

Liked 6,142 in 3,177 posts

Default Double entry at Leigh.

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Ooer missus

I've enetered both the MX1 & MX2 races this weekend.
    I decided to have a go on Mrs Iccys bike in the MX2 class and get my arse kicked by all the 17yr old fast boys on their way to bigger and better things.

Any points I score won't count anyway, so it will just be for fun and to get some more track time.

We've had full revalves, springs and suspension set up this week with some new gucci 'factory' parts, I'm a but reluctant to just jump straight into a race with brand new suspension on that hasn't been dialled in for us, but needs must, I should get 3 laps on my bike to make any adjustments and I'll just have to hope Mrs Iccys is ok because I won't have time to test them both in practise.

Should be fun either way.
    The racing is at Leigh and should be good, they've revamped the track apparantly and included rolling waves and a bombhole.

Really Bored
    Liked 430 in 204 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Double entry at Leigh.

Top work. I was might buy "my gf an mx bike".

Liked 6,142 in 3,177 posts

Cracking day, red hot weather, very slippery track - its hard pack and was getting watered every 2nd race, which turned it into an ice rink, I got taken out three times by people falling off and taking me with them.
    Crap result, 10th overall, but it was a packed grid of 40 so not too bad I suppose and for some reason* they let people from faster classes enter into my races, so the top half dozen seemed to be national level lads that buggered off and left the rest of us battling it out.

*Other classes were full, so I think they let them come into ours.

Really Bored
    Liked 402 in 209 posts

I rode a hard pack track yesterday that was like an ice rink first thing as it had been well watered, as there were only 10 bikes there it took ages for the track to develop a decent grippy line, by then I was fucked anyway.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission