TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TBEC Enduro. Team 2Pt

Liked 2,577 in 1,340 posts

Default Re: TBEC Enduro. Team 2Pt

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    It'll be 2+2 hours (ie lunch break in the middle, or in my case lie on the floor in a pool of sweat break).

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Crap weather for the rest of the week , Saturday included inthat. :-(

I really dont want my first enduro on a bike i've not ridden before to be in the peeing rain and a foot deep in mud. :-(

I'm thinking gentle nice run out in flat fields ........ not

Get yer arse into gear ya big poof, the event is nearly full, at last count 5 places left. Can't be that bad then

Liked 0 in 0 posts

I can put up with a bit of rain , but i cant put up with this fucking heap of shit not starting.
    With a mate pushing it'll go but it doesn't pull like i think it should. I wonder if the rattle is coming from a power valve tahts has actually stoppe working all together.
    Got a nasty clutch drag as well. Going to be bleeding it tonight and changing the gear oil as the wrong oil wont help.
    It really needs a but of work done beffore i fall off it.

Liked 3,799 in 1,947 posts

Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    I would normally have jumped at the chance to do this, but unfortuantely unable to make it as am already booked up for a family gathering.

Next time there is one on that takes mx bikes, I am definately up for it.
    Me too - the family gathering ! Darned shame as I'd love to come Next time -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Blewbury is near Didcot. It's 150 miles from us. We'll be there.

Washbrook is almost 250 miles from us.
    ooooo Dicot, Oxfordshire?? Might try to get to that one - what date??

Quote Originally Posted by 2ptjoe View Post
    I can put up with a bit of rain , but i cant put up with this fucking heap of shit not starting.
    With a mate pushing it'll go but it doesn't pull like i think it should. I wonder if the rattle is coming from a power valve tahts has actually stoppe working all together.
    Got a nasty clutch drag as well. Going to be bleeding it tonight and changing the gear oil as the wrong oil wont help.
    It really needs a but of work done beffore i fall off it.
    hope you get it sorted and the sun shines for you

Liked 0 in 0 posts

It aint happening.

Tried to start it , and it's having non of it. The cltch doesn't wan tto know either . Feels ok on the lever and clear fluid out of the bleed but just next to no clutch. Thats the good news
    Dropped the pipe and shone a torch up into the bore and i can see a fair bit of scoreing on the rear of the cylinder. The rattle is the power valve . It difficult to discribe but it's as loose as you can get .

Engine out and full strip to follow. Either that or just sell the f**ker and be done with it.

Not Much To Do
    Liked 103 in 54 posts

Its a easy track dont worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by smixxy View Post
    ooooo Dicot, Oxfordshire?? Might try to get to that one - what date??
    2012 Events - Welcome to TBEC

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBates View Post
    Its a easy track dont worry about it.
    You haven't seen what I'm riding

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Jesus we've had some rain overnight, and it's still coming down.

As said, i'm not at Washbrook today , and i'm not disapointed . Not fussed about rain but would have prefered not to get wet on the first trip out.

Stripped th emotor down and the various bits have been dropped off at a mate who can get a good discount on parts.
    It's defo the power valve making the rattle. Well loose . The other interesting part is there is 3 gears that operate this valve , and only 2 work. I think it's been put together wrongly a whilst back and that s caused excess wear , which in turn has knackered the valve.

Maybe.
    It's going to be near 600 if it needs a new cylinder including widgy bits

Got a second hand Leatt nice and cheap though

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Did you do it TC ?

I went along for the afternoon session , boy was it wet

Looking at it i'm glad i didn't try and do it as i wouldn't have been able to do one lap if i'm honest with my fitness.

Really Bored
    Liked 454 in 239 posts

I have ridden washbrook motocross track when very wet, it is a horrible surface to ride, very slippery and boggy. Crashes happened without warning too, had 5 that day, my mate had 12!

Fuck me that was epic.

Got there the night before and did an instant barbie and a couple of tinnies, kipped down in the van. At some point in the night it tipped it down and although the morning was just a tiny bit drizzly the damage was done. We could see the water standing in the fields, though at least the MX track looked OK.

JJ's wrist was still sore from last outing where he threw Hawkman's KTM up the road so we decided this was to be his marshalling round(every rider has to do one). That made me star of the show, sort of. Starting from row 8 the little XL fired up OK and pulled nicely through the first slippy bits, passed a few people stuck on a short climb and bimbled round the well-drained MX track. So far so good. Actually so far and that was it. Out on the fields the first bikes though had already churned the course up into thick black mud, miraclulously both sticky and slippery and every way round was already rutted up above wheel rim level. Not nice soft muddy ruts you can push through but semi-solid ruts that take your front wheel away as soon as it drops into one. The textbook says lean back and gas it, but that doesn't work on a 1978 trail bike that weighs as much as a Harley.

I fought it round a lap, surprisingly passing a few people who hadn't stopped or fallen over but by then the XL was getting even hotter than me and making some rather terminal top-endy noises. I wouldn't say it was slippery but for a while I was convinced I had clutch slip on level ground in a couple of places, revving and going nowhere... 43 minutes in to a lap that should have taken 15 I decided to retire at the pits rather than do expensive damage to the bike (don't talk to me about "cheap" shonkers) and that was that, 200 for travel and entries, one fucking lap and an engine rebuild to do (that's be the 3rd one in 2 meetings then).

On the plus side I got to watch and laugh at all the fools slipping and sliding round and getting stuck in seemingly innocuous grooves and ditches. At least I know what I'm doing tomorrow, I've brought half of Cambridgeshire back on the bike

Next stop Blewbury where I will NOT be riding!

Liked 0 in 0 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post

JJ's wrist was still sore from last outing where he threw Hawkman's KTM up the road so we decided this was to be his marshalling round(every rider has to do one).
    Was he standing on the mud heap in the second session ?

I've just realised there was a young bloke help there with a wrist bandaged up ?

Yep that would be him.

Edit: here's a pic of the course. You can see the bloody mud from 1,000 feet up
    Last edited by Tomcat; 16-07-12 at 21:43.

Postscript. Finally got round to stripping the engine. Top end is fine, but the idiot supposedly professional motorbike mechanic mate who did the last rebuild had FORGOTTEN to put in one of the balancer shaft needle roller bearings. As a result the balance weight had been happily orbiting loose and knocking against the inside of the gear casing

Hopefully this hasn't overstressed the rollers at the other end, because I CBA to strip it right down, I found what looks like the right bearing and chucked it in with a thrust washer that was also missing, fingers crossed for Whaddon on 9 September. Despite the vintage class win at Washbrook I'm still only second in the points tables because I broke down in both the meetings I did. Gotta get them laps in..... can do 2 more meetings and drop the lowest points one (that'll be Washbrook then!)

If your POS is working for the Whaddon one Joe it should be a nice track JJ will be back on the WR so business as usual

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission