TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paddock security, need your input.

Liked 8 in 6 posts

Default Re: Paddock security, need your input.

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    In the 12 yrs or so I have raced at East Fortune I can recall there being 1 set of ZXR400 wheels nicked and a few seasons ago 2 bikes went in the middle of the night. The gates are now locked overnight making it slightly more difficult (obviously the gate could be forced) to remove bikes as it's surrounded by fields with 1 access road. During the day it is difficult to secure everything especially when you go out to race, with tools on display, paddock stands and warmers etc left lying. Most folks keep an eye out for their neighbours stuff in that case.
    At night tools etc can be packed away and bikes into vans. Silent gennies are provided by the club so no worries there either.
    Mx on the other hand, seems to be riddled with tales of thieving as everyone says above. I have heard of people being followed home to pinpoint where bikes are kept, ransom calls being made to return stolen bikes and a mate was tipped off that his garage was to be hit. Him and his dad waited overnight and sure enough a van appeared in the middle of the night but they scarpered when confronted.

Not Much To Do
    Liked: 1/1

Irie had his genny nicked at snetterton a few years ago and I also seem to rmember a scumbag being caught nicking a wallet at cadwell a few years ago who promptly kept 'falling into things'!!!!

Liked 0 in 0 posts

I think don't do anything silly, don't leave mobile phones, laptops and push bikes lying around, especially in areas where "the public" are passing through, as for tools, bike spares, bikes themselves etc? I 6 years I've never seen a problem though I did lose a ramp but we think that went missing on the TD before the race.

Genny's are always going to be a target, especially as people tend to put them a good way away from their camp, lock it to something with a good quality motorbike chain.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 5 in 3 posts

My gennie went missing in the same incident Panda18 referred to (East Fortune)- apart from that (touching wood) 7 years racing and no incidents.
    Overnight security- I'm usually way too tired (or lazy) to pack everything away at night, bit of 6mm steel rope passed through everything with wheels on and padlocked to something solid is my normal method- no it won't deter anyone serious but it'll slow down opportunists. Gennie gets locked up as well, oddly enough.
    Thoughts to make life more secure- very tricky. A screamer on the 6mm wire rope would be handy (so it makes a LOT of noise if the wire is cut). Lockboxes and stuff for tools are fine except they tend to get a bit heavy for lumping in and out of the van. Tried UV marking but (on tools anyway) it rubs off quite quickly. Dremelling is tedious and ugly but permanent.
    So, lets see what you can come up with.

Liked 25 in 17 posts
    Blog Entries

How about you market, big secure steel boxes bolted into the concrete, to the race tracks with your chians attached to them. When racers rent garage space they get keys to the secure boxes. Saves a lot of lumping of gear around at the end of the day. Just a thought

Not Much To Do
    Liked 2 in 2 posts

donington park ffs.....

Liked 25 in 17 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rockjock620 View Post
    donongton park ffs.....
    Your point??...................................FFS

Not Much To Do
    Liked 2 in 2 posts

Edited, sorry, three pints of strong cider talking..

DONINGTON...........

Liked 119 in 58 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    How about you market, big secure steel boxes bolted into the concrete, to the race tracks with your chians attached to them. When racers rent garage space they get keys to the secure boxes. Saves a lot of lumping of gear around at the end of the day. Just a thought
    That's a pretty good idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission