TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Website Project

Liked 2,756 in 1,972 posts

Default Re: My Website Project

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Do rioters still throw petrol bombs?

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Yeah, I should google rioters and see if I can get them signed up to.

Liked 1,310 in 928 posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1888 View Post
    Do rioters still throw petrol bombs?
    Wonder if they get vat receipts and claim the vat back if they're professional rioters?

Liked 2,756 in 1,972 posts

Pro Riot. Good name for a punk band that.

Liked 1,666 in 990 posts

Google Ben Scammell Pipeline Card.

Liked 991 in 511 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Google Ben Scammell Pipeline Card.
    That could have been the one i signed up to a fair few yrs ago. There was definately one. Fell flat on it's arse, I had a couple of emails saying that it was coming etc etc.

Nothing, why would the oil co's bother. They make billions. Sorry, but it'll never happen. I'm sure tesco/ asda/ sainburys have more bargaining power and around here they don't seem to be any cheaper than some of the 'main' big suppliers. Unless they give you one of those petrol vouchers when you buy 'x' amount of food.

If you can manage it, great, but I wouldn't waste too much time on it. Good luck.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

I think where the other one fell on its ass was that it was a loyalty to one brand on a semi infinite basis, this is using whats available e.g the tinterweb and phones to let you know the best one on a weekly basis so its got a better chance of getting come competition between them.

Anyway, just being blunt about it as I said its cost nothing and its making nothing for me so the best I can hope for is a few pledged alliances and a hope that people sign up, with that in mind could you guys stick it in your diary to sign up on Wednesday morning if you buy fuel because it would be really helpfull to me to have recent sign ups when I do my next round of marketing on it.

Every person that signs up essentially helps, everyone that ignores it is really just admitting defeat and allowing the price fixing.... taunt.

Also if it is to get traction facebook it, twitter it, pintrest it and put it wherever you can. I will be really greatfull and there is nothing to lose in doing it other than 2 minutes to fill in the 7ish questions.

Liked 50 in 21 posts

Quote Originally Posted by fillerapp View Post
    K Thx, point taken and will ask before my next shameless plug of the next site I do, probably next weekend, watford is boring !

On that note if anyones local and fancies a pint I know absolutely no one here.
    i'm from Watford. Its not boring! especially today...if we win...

Should Get Out More mrlongbeard's Avatar
    Liked 4,696 in 2,942 posts

Price fixing has yet to be fully investigated let alone proved, and I'm sorry but I don't know you from Adam, you've been here for 5 minutes, you're not getting my email address to potentially sell on to spammers.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Anglo, If you fancied meeting up one night I would be up for it but at the moment 2 weeks off of baby here so no drinking at the moment.

I havent found my feet yet in watford, did casiobury park and going to do warner bros etc but not really found any of the social gatherings and I am not much of a drinker.

Long beard, If you want to sign up and put in any old tosh in the email field I will auto approve the membership for you if you pm me, its not about getting email addresses to spam, I could do that with google. I am an IT Bod to trade so harvesting email addresses is not really a challenge to me. Its just about the more the merrier on signups so even if you sign up without an email address its not a problem

Liked 133 in 76 posts

"you get the money off voucher sent straight to your phone which valid for that week."

Dude, get the English proper like.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Bloo,

Cheers, sorted that, proper english not not my strong point there is.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Woo Hoo !

5p Off a litre at Shell anyone, Offers in and validated ! Sign up on site and the voucher will be emailed as a pdf, print it off and take it with you for 5p off per litre up to 50 Valid until Friday

Not Much To Do
    Liked 144 in 84 posts

Quote Originally Posted by fillerapp View Post
    Woo Hoo !

5p Off a litre at Shell anyone, Offers in and validated ! Sign up on site and the voucher will be emailed as a pdf, print it off and take it with you for 5p off per litre up to 50 Valid until Friday
    I'm curious. How are you/the garages going to achieve this? Most petrol stations are either franchise or private retailers purchasing branded petrol and reselling. Franchise and private retailers are by far the most popular way of operating petrol stations. Oil companies cannot force either one to discount their fuel unless it's refunded back to them. Promotions like this take a huge amount of effort, cost and marketing. So taking that into account, how are your website users going to be able to detemine which are company owned/company operated and which are franchised/private and not participating in the promotion? In addition, franchise and private retailers will not have linked computer systems with the oil company. How is this going to be administrated? While an interesting idea, I can't see how the oil companies/petrol retailers can operate this.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Jack,

All intresting and valid questions.

Franchise and Privately owned / does not matter as the discount is provided on the fuel, by proxy if say Texaco offer the voucher the next time they purchase they are essentially redeeming against the top end fuel voucher and are credited so it doesnt matter if its corporate of private, as long as its part of the group.

The forecourt equipment is always linked back in franchised cells to stop other petrol being sold through a branded garage by naughty forecourts, Tokheim (Fuel system epos) and other systems are always in place to achieve this from the suppliers I have opted to work with.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission