TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My Website Project

Not Much To Do
    Liked 144 in 84 posts

Default Re: My Website Project

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by fillerapp View Post
    Jack,

All intresting and valid questions.

Franchise and Privately owned / does not matter as the discount is provided on the fuel, by proxy if say Texaco offer the voucher the next time they purchase they are essentially redeeming against the top end fuel voucher and are credited so it doesnt matter if its corporate of private, as long as its part of the group.

The forecourt equipment is always linked back in franchised cells to stop other petrol being sold through a branded garage by naughty forecourts, Tokheim (Fuel system epos) and other systems are always in place to achieve this from the suppliers I have opted to work with.
    You are very much wrong on all counts, but I wish you well with your endeavours

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Jack,

Time will tell however as aforementioned I now had a batch of vouchers to issue, I will feed back if any are refused however I really dont see it happening.

Also of note, if you open a franchised petrol station the top end generally tells you what equipment you will be running, the same is true in mcdonalds, starbucks, costa etc etc

Not Much To Do
    Liked 144 in 84 posts

Quote Originally Posted by fillerapp View Post
    Jack,

Time will tell however as aforementioned I now had a batch of vouchers to issue, I will feed back if any are refused however I really dont see it happening.

Also of note, if you open a franchised petrol station the top end generally tells you what equipment you will be running, the same is true in mcdonalds, starbucks, costa etc etc
    You don't have to believe me, but you will need to consider my points in order to succeed. They're valid I assure you and your info is based on assumption which isn't correct. Why not pop an email off to the petrol retailers association asking if their members will be forced by the oil companies to accept these vouchers. While you're speaking with them, ask if all IT equipment is linked etc etc

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

[QUOTE=Fat Jack;1965568]You don't have to believe me, but you will need to consider my points in order to succeed. They're valid I assure you and your info is based on assumption which isn't correct. Why not pop an email off to the petrol retailers association asking if their members will be forced by the oil companie to accept these vouchers. While you're speaking with them, ask if all IT equipment is linked etc etc[wTE]

I did my homework on it, granted some of the retailers wont issue vouchers and some will, but as I said, I will get feedback from the punters if they get refused on any grounds and take it up with the vendors at that point.

Regards the IT side I used to work in the industry doing installations, so I am familiar with some of the forecourts, not all but enough to say that the stats are fed back on certain things, e.g the tankers are on auto dispatch when tanks are low they dont order, the system does. Also certain things are fed back statistically by the systems e.g drive offs

Liked 1,486 in 1,041 posts
    Blog Entries

quick one-will the app be free? You might have already said-very short of time until tonight so haven't gone through much of this just yet.

EDIT: you might not have sussed this yet but there is a stupid amount of knowledge on this site-TBH it's one of the pleasant & constant suprises.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Hey,

Yep, apps free, at the moment until it gets into the appstore the vouchers are coming by pdf in an email though. I only started this project last saturday.

Liked 0 in 0 posts
    Blog Entries

as a fuel card user, only using shell or bp covering upto 2000 miles a week it seems like a good idea, but there are to many points cards, loyalty cards, shell cards already. but maybe you should contact these fuel card companys and see if they would be interested in including this idea with there cards, it pushes sales for them, and there customer benefits as well!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission