TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 178 of 178 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178
Results 2,656 to 2,660 of 2660

Thread: Horrific Ebay bikes....

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,762 in 2,503 posts

Default Re: Horrific Ebay bikes....

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Years ago my mate built a hardtail XS650. I had a go on it but only got to the end of the street and turned round and brought it back. For the life of me i cant see any good reason to hardtail a bike!
    I suspect it greatly reduces the number of times you hear "hey mate, mind if I have a go?"

A friend of mine left his old Triumph chopper as collateral for a loan many moons ago. Mid 60s 650. No front brake, a rather long set of springer forks at the front, hard tail kit installed, a lump of magneto sticking out the right side in your way, and no forward controls installed. He insisted that I take it up the road. The hard tail kit lowered the seat height combined with the stock location of pegs and controls had my knees uncomfortably folded, almost having my heels up my arse. The magneto ignition forced me to keep my right leg stuck out in the wind. I'd never thrown a leg over a right hand shift/left hand rear brake bike before. I was so uncomfortable I failed to down shift on the correct side, twice. I got to the nearest cross street about 1/8 mile from my office and decided I'd have enough. Stabbed at the "rear brake" (ooops, that's not a brake), cringed at the mechanical abuse, and promptly stabbed at the "rear brake" again, slamming another downshift. It took veering down the cross street and swinging back across the highway and down the other side of the cross street, then back onto the highway to complete the "U" turn. More of a giant keyhole turn. I never took it out of first on the return trip as I didn't want to abuse it again. It got parked in my lot and had a tarp thrown over it. Stayed that way until he paid me back about two months later.

Liked 74 in 36 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Badger View Post
    Now, if only he'd carried on going backwards

Liked 4,321 in 2,896 posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Years ago my mate built a hardtail XS650. I had a go on it but only got to the end of the street and turned round and brought it back. For the life of me i cant see any good reason to hardtail a bike!
    A woman at my work “hardtailed” my Triton by driving over it (while I was riding it) and bending a shock.

Riding it with no rear suspension movement showed me that anyone who deliberately makes a bike rigid is perverse.

Courchevel 1650 (winter). Biarritz (summer)
    Liked 1,767 in 1,032 posts

Not horrific, some might argue it's stunning, the price however, the price is horrific

0 miles RG500 £40,000 !!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1986-C-Su...dbb2%7Ciid%3A1

Personally I think this is an odd one, if you ride it, even once, it's value will instantly drop. If you want one just to look at, surely the actual miles covered doesn't matter??

Should Get Out More
    Liked 3,762 in 2,503 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jody View Post
    Not horrific, some might argue it's stunning, the price however, the price is horrific

0 miles RG500 £40,000 !!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1986-C-Su...dbb2%7Ciid%3A1

Personally I think this is an odd one, if you ride it, even once, it's value will instantly drop. If you want one just to look at, surely the actual miles covered doesn't matter??
    Nice bike, but I've no use for owning a bike I cannot ride. If it's just sitting in my living room I'm not getting any real joy.

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission