TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Killers' life terms 'breach their human rights'

Liked 13 in 12 posts

Default Re: Killers' life terms 'breach their human rights'

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorkyKat View Post
    No legislation should be carved in stone.
    Now I dont agree with that as most should be

Liked 10,384 in 5,419 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gem View Post
    There was a guy on the radio yesterday saying JBs cell is full of the case papers and he spends all his time going through them looking for mistakes or loopholes (I guess he has little else to do). If he had a good case for a retrial or could present new evidence then I am sure it would go through the courts. After all he's managed to spearhead this latest foray to the ECJ so he must have either a paid for lawyer or a lawyer on legal aid who's supporting him

Good point. I don't know where he gets his funding from? WOuld he still get legal aid if he doesnt have leave to appeal?

Liked 4,045 in 2,025 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Truth seekers, click here Jeremy Bamber Official Web Site
    Straw clutchers sounds more accurate than truth seekers........ According to that he was convicted and fitted up by police, the anti gay movement, the extended family in a land grab of assets and a few others together with a string of "could it be" and "what if"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigyin View Post
    Straw clutchers sounds more accurate than truth seekers........ According to that he was convicted and fitted up by police, the anti gay movement, the extended family in a land grab of assets and a few others together with a string of "could it be" and "what if"

I'll conceed there is grounds for foil hat wearing, but that's as far as i'll go!

Really Bored
    Liked 658 in 386 posts

Good point. I don't know where he gets his funding from? WOuld he still get legal aid if he doesnt have leave to appeal?
    No idea

Liked 2,448 in 1,511 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Airtank View Post
    Now I dont agree with that as most should be
    I got you! Doing your Moses bit.

The Bamber case is interesting. Not sure that is a safe conviction any more, although I base that on a biased in his favour program.
    Funnily enough after spending a day with one of the original investigation team and being given access to a lot of the photos, evidence and statements i think he is slam fucking dunk guilty and should be allowed to keep applying for case review after case review as there are pieces of evidence he cannot physically ever counteract
    That's the point though. The original investigation, or first on scene at least, made a lot of (acknowledged) mistakes. Some the original investigation has been discounted because of this but doesn't detract from the verdict at present. Also Bamber's defence team employed some American CSI/Ballisitics experts and they have offered a different and possible scenario for the bullets and residue, or lack of, left by his sisters suicide, all of which could offer reasonable doubt on his conviction too. But until he gets the right to appeal...

For a guilty man he has always maintained his innocence and has put an awful lot of effort into what are really futile attempts at right to appeals. Fair enough he has nothing but time on his hands but the effort is notable. Plus of course most locals believed it was his Sister as she was deffo looney tunes. It was his odd behaviour after that alerted people, although it was no different to his behaviour before the killings and of course a hounding by the press and trial by media gave it all momentum. So there is just something that doesn't sit right with me about it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gedge View Post
    Not sure who you think 'acknowledged the mistakes' or discounted any of the earlier evidence but he had a CC review and his appeal was rejected in 2002 not sure how many times you think he should be retried? or should he keep going back until he gets the result he wants rather than the resultimposed by 12 men and reinforced by the appeal court?
    He claims that his sister shot the family with a rifle then turned the rifle on herself to commit suicide and this was what was found with the rifle next to her......... The main thing to fuck up his defence that he cannot explain away over the years is

A) how she managed to shoot the family one by one with an unsilenced weapon without disturbing anyone with noise.

B) how when the house was searched a silencer for the rifle was found in a box under the stairs in its original packing yet when dismantled was found to have his sisters blood in the internal baffles as she was the only one shot at supposed close contact as suicide.

If his story is believed how did she manage to commit suicide with a single shot, then remove the silencer and repack it under the stairs

Like I said, slam dunk
    Etc blah, but it looks like he maybe gaining some ground here after claims of modern forensics proving call logs were altered/added to, meaning he couldn't have been at the house at the times of the killing. So if it wasn't him or his sister, who was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gem View Post
    There was a guy on the radio yesterday saying JBs cell is full of the case papers and he spends all his time going through them looking for mistakes or loopholes (I guess he has little else to do). If he had a good case for a retrial or could present new evidence then I am sure it would go through the courts. After all he's managed to spearhead this latest foray to the ECJ so he must have either a paid for lawyer or a lawyer on legal aid who's supporting him

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission