TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mallory Park, what is going on???

Liked 25 in 17 posts
    Blog Entries

Default Mallory Park, what is going on???

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Bad news for Mallory Park users: we've just been told the annual sidecar festival has been cancelled, but basically they've cancelled all Saturday and mid-week racing and testing until the end of the year. The full statement from Dave Stewart of Thundersport, as posted on Steve's Place today, says:

"As you are doubtless aware, the situation at Mallory Park has deteriorated to the extent that normal operations at the circuit are extremely difficult.
    This has resulted in the application of an enforcement notice that means, for this year, there are very few motorcycle race days left available under the new stricter interpretation of their noise controls.
    As such, the circuit hire agreements for all mid-week days and Saturdays have been rescinded, leaving hirers with only the Sundays of those agreements still being valid. I must stress that this is an action forced by the local authority and not the circuit themselves.

The Sidecar Festival is one of the casualties of this new interpretation of the notice. Of the 40 Race Days permitted each year, only 22 of them can be motorcycle days and with the view of the council being that multiple "Track Days" have now been allocated to that quota, it now leaves none left that can be confirmed for that date.

We apologise for any inconvenience, but hope that you will join us in continuing to support Mallory Park at this very difficult time for everyone involved with the circuit. Whilst not wishing to get involved with the ongoing debate over the rights and wrongs of the case itself, this is very much a situation where the expression “Use it, or lose it!” applies and we feel very strongly that we should defend our sport and the arenas we need to continue with our passion. As such a moderate and non-confrontational approach towards the residents and local council will be far more useful than a knee-jerk reaction against anyone or anything.

There will be further developments, we can only hope that they are more positive than negative as it would be dreadful to lose this iconic circuit."

Courchevel 1650 (winter). Biarritz (summer)
    Liked 1,488 in 878 posts

Default Re: Mallory Park, what is going on???

Shit news

I'm not 100% aware of the "who's right and who's wrong" but it's a shame to loose a track, and this looks like a nail, a fekkin big one at that

Liked 25 in 17 posts
    Blog Entries

I too don't know who's right or wrong in this case but I think it needs new management.

I know Trog racing has had their weekends racing cut from 3 down to 1 day now . Some people are traveling miles to get to that circuit, for what? one days racing? I wouldn't be suprised if they don't use the track next year. It's all very sad.

Liked 2,295 in 1,177 posts

There's been a few threads about it on here. In a nutshell Mallory have exceeded by a large amount the number of 'noisy' days they agreed they would run, and are now having to cut back to get to where they should have been. The residents are supportive of the circuit but just want it to comply with what it originally agreed to do.

As for one day's racing, plenty of clubs run one-dayers and don't seem to have a problem with it.

Liked 93 in 72 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post

As for one day's racing, plenty of clubs run one-dayers and don't seem to have a problem with it.
    They do with the travelling costs now one days racing is hardly worth it -unless your close to the track most of the emra who predominately run one dayers(ironically at Mallory) are from the surrounding area , or at least used to be. ngrrc do run some one dayers but usually oulton where there is an acu test day before and castle coombe and thruxton which are always popular as they are the only meetings outside of bsb on the calendar .They recently had a 2 dayer for anglesy(and whilst most of the paddock love going there they cancelled the Friday test day from previous years and the entry plummeted , at the 11th hour the hastily re-arranged one to late for some but the meeting went ahead with a fairly low attendances even though they also offered a bogof, all down to the cost of travelling and amount of track time.One dayers are bad news.

Liked 10,419 in 5,961 posts

Apparently they've gone into Administration today.

Liked 3,421 in 2,254 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksy View Post
    Apparently they've gone into Administration today.
    Mallory Park Motorsport Limited go into administration | Central - ITV News

4:09pm, Mon 30 Sep 2013
    Mallory Park Motorsport Limited go into administration
    Last updated Mon 30 Sep 2013Business
    Mallory Park
    Leicestershire

Mallory Park Motorsport Limited has announced that the company has been put into administration.

The circuit in Leicestershire has been running as a motorcycle and car racing circuit for many years.

In August, Mallory Park was ordered to pay fines and costs of more than £26,000 for breaching noise regulations.

The administrator, Ian Robert said: “I will be working with all the stakeholders to ensure that Mallory Park will see racing again. I hope the administration process can assist in finding a solution which will be beneficial to all parties concerned.”

Liked 25 in 17 posts
    Blog Entries

Very sad. Was only there yesterday

Liked 93 in 72 posts

Liked 25 in 17 posts
    Blog Entries

A fundamental component of the Plan was the agreement of the Land Owner to reduce the annual lease rental, which had risen by over 40% over the last eight years and had reached untenable levels. Very regrettably, despite intense work by the MPML board, the Land Owner - Titan Properties Ltd - refused to make a substantive offer to allow the Recovery Plan to proceed.
    This is unbelievable. the land owners must be in cahoots with the two people who continually complain about he place. Well i hope they're happy. Between the three of them they've managed to get the place shut down with job and business losses too.

Liked 2,295 in 1,177 posts

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    They do with the travelling costs now one days racing is hardly worth it
    Your logic is flawed. Aside from the fact that fossils like me always used to do one-dayers, because meetings were one-dayers, and riders didn't feel they needed motorhomes that would put a 70s GP rider to shame, plus spare bikes, tyre warmers, practice days, etc. You drove to a race, you raced (probably in 3 different classes), you drove home. Some of us rode to the race, taped our lights, raced and rode home. Perhaps it's ironic that I should feel that way because I was instrumental in promoting 2-day meetings back in the 90s when I was working on increasing Derby Phoenix membership. I did a survey that indicated riders would rather do 2-dayers, they started promoting them, gained members and other clubs followed.

However this has become "the norm" and riders who've got all the gear want to do it. The fact is, riders who are short of money would be better off doing 1-dayers. The transport costs are exactly the same but entry fees and wear and tear costs (tyres etc) are massively reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    This is unbelievable. the land owners must be in cahoots with the two people who continually complain about he place. Well i hope they're happy. Between the three of them they've managed to get the place shut down with job and business losses too.
    Titan Properties eh, the clue's in the name.

Liked 290 in 177 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    Have a dig around on here for other threads about Mallory (may even be earlier in this thread). The circuit operators are the biggest at fault in this whole sorry situation.

By the sounds of it, the locals have actually been fairly reasonable in it all and just asked the circuit to adhere to noise regs that were issued years ago.

Can't comment about the land owner situation as I don't know enough about it but if you're looking at blaming anybody for job and business losses then first port of call is the circuit operators.

Liked 1,025 in 532 posts

It'll probably be full of houses this time next year.

Liked 93 in 72 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Your logic is flawed. Aside from the fact that fossils like me always used to do one-dayers, because meetings were one-dayers, and riders didn't feel they needed motorhomes that would put a 70s GP rider to shame, plus spare bikes, tyre warmers, practice days, etc. You drove to a race, you raced (probably in 3 different classes), you drove home. Some of us rode to the race, taped our lights, raced and rode home. Perhaps it's ironic that I should feel that way because I was instrumental in promoting 2-day meetings back in the 90s when I was working on increasing Derby Phoenix membership. I did a survey that indicated riders would rather do 2-dayers, they started promoting them, gained members and other clubs followed.

However this has become "the norm" and riders who've got all the gear want to do it. The fact is, riders who are short of money would be better off doing 1-dayers. The transport costs are exactly the same but entry fees and wear and tear costs (tyres etc) are massively reduced.

Titan Properties eh, the clue's in the name.

I think you unflawed my flawed logic for me-on the basis you increased membership by organising 2 dayers
    As another point there is nothing stopping riders doing a 1 dayer at a 2 day meeting if they want but you try fitting a two dayer into a one dayer.

The bit about motorhomes ect ect is a bit low like your thoughts on lady riders--for the majority of the paddock(those at the front and those who have just started excluded)the others are there for a weekend away with kids and families and paddock friends-as they know by then there not going to be the new rossi and the occasional "pot" is a bonus .But deep down you know that don't yer!

Liked 93 in 72 posts

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_vm...it?usp=sharing

another view from a club perspective--however don't think he saw the final outcome as closure
    worth a read

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission