TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Destination ideas

Liked 3 in 2 posts

Default 2014 Destination ideas

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    This will be my 4th European trip. I have previously gone for 2 and 3 weeks. This year I plan to go for 4, will be a relief to have more time and less rush.

I am looking for suggestions and experiences (positive and negative) to help with my choices.

I am keen on the Balkans, have been to Bosnia, Croatia and Slovenia but have not ventured further. Can anyone shed any light on the other countries?

What about touching into Romania and Ukraine?

Cheers

Liked 4 in 4 posts

Default Re: 2014 Destination ideas

Serbia? Belgrade? Stunning post card calibre countryside, very friendly population, english quite widely spoken, great food it's local seasonal organic etc, cheap, lots of restaurants cafés, the women look like supermodels and will :cough: for the price of a cabbage.

Liked: 1/1

I plan to visit Romania this year, leaving Dover on 18.06.14 and returning 09.07.14 from Calais. Two nights will probably be spent in Vienna and also in Budapest Weather permitting, the tent will be used overnight. If you want to come along, please PM. Thanks.

Liked 3 in 2 posts

Quote Originally Posted by -AD- View Post
    Serbia? Belgrade? Stunning post card calibre countryside, very friendly population, english quite widely spoken, great food it's local seasonal organic etc, cheap, lots of restaurants cafés, the women look like supermodels and will :cough: for the price of a cabbage.
    Sounds good to me. Was warned of going there before so good to hear some re-assuring feedback!

Liked 3 in 2 posts

Quote Originally Posted by rydalong View Post
    I plan to visit Romania this year, leaving Dover on 18.06.14 and returning 09.07.14 from Calais. Two nights will probably be spent in Vienna and also in Budapest Weather permitting, the tent will be used overnight. If you want to come along, please PM. Thanks.
    Was planning going later in July-August, however thanks for the offer and hope you have a good trip

Liked: 1/1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Cool View Post
    Was planning going later in July-August, however thanks for the offer and hope you have a good trip
    Thank you, Mr C. July - August is school holiday time on the continent with the associated problems and higher prices. Always try to go away end May - early June, but it is not possible this year, hence the mid June departure.

Should Get Out More Screwdriver's Avatar
    Liked 5,944 in 2,784 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Cool View Post
    This will be my 4th European trip. I have previously gone for 2 and 3 weeks. This year I plan to go for 4, will be a relief to have more time and less rush.

I am looking for suggestions and experiences (positive and negative) to help with my choices.

I am keen on the Balkans, have been to Bosnia, Croatia and Slovenia but have not ventured further. Can anyone shed any light on the other countries?

What about touching into Romania and Ukraine?

Cheers
    Jesus! You can pick 'em can't you?

How about four weeks in the fucking Ukraine? I hear Kiev is nice this time of year.

S.

Liked 7 in 6 posts

Hi- Im new on this forum & trying to reach the magic 15 posts before I can put up a video of a trip with some ideas for you to ponder over.

Liked 7 in 6 posts

ok only another 10 to go- if you visit UTUBE and type in "Motorcycle trip to Europe and Turkey Ep1/9"

that's the vid im trying to load....its got a bit of humour in it and an alternative slant on the usual trips.
    when I get the vid on here , I'd be happy to answer any questions you have (that I feel I can answer!)
    Rod

Liked 120 in 85 posts

Word to the wise Posting a link to your business immediately upon reaching the limit would be very un-wise

Spammer crime #1 in TRC, y'see.

I've always like the idea of getting a ferry to Northern Spain, going down through the amazing roads in Portugal, then Gibraltar and Morocco.

Liked 0 in 0 posts

I did a ride down to Turkey with some mates back in 2006, did a quick write up and posted loads of pics, great experience would recommend running down there if you have the time Countries in the order we rode them...
    UK, France, Germany, Austria, Hungry, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Italy, France, UK
    a total of 5,786 miles using 124.75 Gallons of fuel..

http://www.whereistonynow.co.uk/tour2cure.htm

Liked 7 in 6 posts

How about Morocco?

Should Get Out More MyLittleStudPony's Avatar
    Liked 2,581 in 1,505 posts
    Blog Entries

I rode to Romania and back a few years ago. It's a good destination. It could be ruddy hot in mid summer though.

I did Albania as well on a more recent trip. Also good but less accessible, more hairy and maybe slightly less to see when you get there. More off the beaten track though so kind of cooler in a way.

Also did Morocco a few years previously. It's ok but it's swarming with European motorcyclists and the local grifters know it.

Liked 7 in 6 posts

Romania was cheap and very interesting, as was Bulgaria. I have heard Serbia & Croatia is beautiful- but, unfortunately- I never got to experience it- despite having the insurances all set up. How are you intending to sleep (hotels/B&B, camp?) & do you have a budget?
    I would like to do France/Spain & into Morocco over 4-5 weeks- its just finding the time!

Liked 3 in 2 posts

Quote Originally Posted by RodYork View Post
    How about Morocco?
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLittleStudPony View Post
    I rode to Romania and back a few years ago. It's a good destination. It could be ruddy hot in mid summer though.

I did Albania as well on a more recent trip. Also good but less accessible, more hairy and maybe slightly less to see when you get there. More off the beaten track though so kind of cooler in a way.

Also did Morocco a few years previously. It's ok but it's swarming with European motorcyclists and the local grifters know it.
    Spent about a week in Morocco last year on the bike, funnily enough we never even saw 1 european biker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission