TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like the content you find here, don't block the ads check them out instead. Thank you.

Thread: Chain block slider/guide

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

Default Chain block slider/guide

TRC is primarily funded by ad revenue. If you like
    the content you find here, don't block the ads check
    them out instead. Thank you.
    Anyone no were i can get a modified chain block slider/guide for a 2003 crf 450r (supermoto converted) cant post a link to one as I've only just registered

I don't think they are patented so its a case of someone "making them in a shed" i can only find them outside of uk so was wondering if someone new a place or someone who does ? Reason i ask is my chain is eating my tyre (doesn't bother me) but mot just ran out and i think it would more than likely fail so was going to get one of these + new tyre and put it threw mot.
    Thanks

Liked 2,787 in 1,996 posts

Default Re: Chain block slider/guide

Why is the chain eating your tyre in the first place, Don't you find that a little concerning?

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

At first yes, till i browsed about and seen a few people had this problem and seems to be common. There is a fix, but like i said mot has ran out and wanted to put it through

So let me understand this more. You have a standard chain guide and want to change it for the MOT but you will still use the chewed tyre. I am thinking if this is a common problem then its a Honda problem and there may have been a recall.

A Bit Bored
    Liked 0 in 0 posts

No mate it says in the post i will change the tyre when i get a chain guard that pulls the chain away from the tyre. These bikes are race bikes put road legal so it originally came with dirt tyres i bought the bike with this problem as i new it could be sorted. Just wanted get one of them to quick fix for the mot then i will fix it properly

Quote Originally Posted by Supermotoman View Post
    No mate it says in the post i will change the tyre when i get a chain guard that pulls the chain away from the tyre. These bikes are race bikes put road legal so it originally came with dirt tyres i bought the bike with this problem as i new it could be sorted. Just wanted get one of them to quick fix for the mot then i will fix it properly
    Now I understand. No, I don't know where to get them

But welcome to the forum anyway.

Should Get Out More demographic's Avatar
    Less than fifty miles from Moscow, honest guv...
    Liked 1,615 in 968 posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1888 View Post
    So let me understand this more. You have a standard chain guide and want to change it for the MOT but you will still use the chewed tyre. I am thinking if this is a common problem then its a Honda problem and there may have been a recall.
    Supermoto wheels and tyres are much wider than the standard motocross wheels and tyres they replace. It is possible to tune the wheel so its dished further over to the right away from the chain but still its quite common to get a bit of chain chew action.

Quote Originally Posted by demographic View Post
    Supermoto wheels and tyres are much wider than the standard motocross wheels and tyres they replace. It is possible to tune the wheel so its dished further over to the right away from the chain but still its quite common to get a bit of chain chew action.
    How (if) would that effect the handling of the bike and if you shift the wheel say 1cm to the right would the chain not now be out of alignment or is the rear sprocket spaced out to remain in the same position?

Should Get Out More demographic's Avatar
    Less than fifty miles from Moscow, honest guv...
    Liked 1,615 in 968 posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1888 View Post
    How (if) would that effect the handling of the bike and if you shift the wheel say 1cm to the right would the chain not now be out of alignment or is the rear sprocket spaced out to remain in the same position?
    The hub is in exactly the same position, as is the sprocket. Its just that the spokes have been adjusted so the rim and tyre is further over to the right.

They still go round corners anyway...

Go Back to Forum My Forum

TRC Affiliates - Help TRC make a small amount of commission